Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Airplanes, Family & Chico, California

After Georganne's visit Kai and I headed down to Chico, CA to visit my family. It worked perfectly because she was able to take us to the airport on her way home. That's right, airport, Kai's first airplane ride. He did so well and was just a joy to travel with! Here is a picture of him on the plane! And don't be deceived, he only slept about 20 minutes on the way there and not at all on the way home. The rest of the time he was bouncing around on my lap...but at least not crying!

We flew into Sacramento and then headed to Chico to my sisters. Vicky had not seen Kai since he was born and Jaylee (my niece) hadn't seen him since he was three weeks old. My mom drove down to spend the week with us as well. We had a great time just hanging out and catching up...and of course Kai kept us entertained. We went to visit Chico Christian School where Vicky teaches third grade and Jaylee is a seventh grader. Vicky showed Kai off to her class as well as the kids she had last year that were faithful in praying for me during my pregnancy. I was also excited to go to watch one of Jaylee's volleyball games. It is her first year but she is doing great! We went to Bidwell Park a few times to walk around, a huge, beautiful park in the middle of Chico. Other highlights were hearing a missionary from Cairo speak at Vicky's church, the farmer's market and In 'n Out Burger (yum!). It was a great trip and a so fun to catch up with everyone. Love you guys!

Above is a slideshow from our weekend.

No comments: