Monday, February 7, 2011

Quote, Unquote

At the market Kai was enthralled at watching the butcher chop into the skull of a cow head...this rather disgusting site was made considerably more innocent when Kai began singing Old McDonald Had a Cow, Eeay eeay O.

Callie and I were talking about how Elisa says she sees heaven when she looks in Grady’s eyes (they are not used to blue eyes here). I look over and Kai is squatted down looking at Grady really hard. I asked him what he was doing and he looked up and said “I don’t see any heaven in there.”

During church service Kai was coloring in the back with some of the kids. He came and showed us his picture which he had colored really well and he had written his name on the top and bottom. The bottom one was really neat and so we asked him if he had done it himself or if Pastora had written it. He said “She didn’t write it, what, are you crazy? I wrote it.”

Tonight driving home Kai fell out of the motorcar. That’s right. Fell out. We have construction all over where we live and had to take a terrible route to get to the house. We were going over a bump and jolted the taxi pretty hard. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Kai get jerked out of this seat and out of the moto. He fell onto his back (thankfully missed his head) and flipped backwards into a ditch. My heart dropped and I started to get out to grab him but realized I had Grady in my arms. Tyson jumped off the moto, picked him up, asked him if he was okay and told him to run across the street to the house. He ran across the street and waited on the sidewalk for us. We parked and he looked at us and said “Now I have to take a shower.” So, praise the Lord he was just dirty and not hurt at all! He said he wasn’t scared and Tyson said it was scary for us. Kai replied “Well, it was scary for you but it wasn’t scary for me.” Putting him to bed tonight he said “I am not glad that I fell in that mud tonight.” I told him I wasn’t glad either, but I was glad he didn’t get hurt. “Yeah”, he said “that was so not stinking awesome!” I am pretty sure I would have freaked out if that happened to me…I am thankful for such a take it in stride kid!

No comments: