Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Happy Birthday To You...

We had planned to have Kai's birthday party at the park. After a sunny week my hopes were high until we woke up to rain. At the last minute we moved it to the church and it worked much better. Gramma and Pa came down to celebrate with us and were a huge help as we prepared stuff. It was a fun party and I'm pretty sure Kai had a good time....he was the center of attention after all:) We had a "ball" theme since that is what Kai loves right now. We had balls all around for the kids to play with and I made him his own little baseball cake to dig into...he didn't really dig into it...apparently he is not big on sweets which is fine by me:) Were were blessed with many friends who came to celebrate with us...we are so grateful for the way the love us and Kai...he is one very loved little boy! Here are a "few" pictures from the weekend:)

(this one is of Kai licking the cake batter that had spilled off the stove. Is it gross that I let him do it again while I took a picture, yes, but it was too funny to pass up:)

3 comments:

Outnumbered said...

Soo cute! love the baseball cake!!! I personally have a bad history with baseballs... haha! happy belated to the little cutie!!!! i can't believe it has been a year already! Man time flies!

Tammy Williams said...

AWE! I still can't believe he is a year now. I love the cake - very cute! He looks like he is having fun. Now the fun really begins for you. Maya is getting to the "TWO YEAR OLD" stage early...so it's only a matter of months for Kai probably. I saw Kai's stats and he is about the same weight as Maya, but Maya is pretty skinny (if you ask me). Hope to see you all soon.

Shannon said...

Happy birthday Kai! That cake is adorable- or manly I mean. Hope we get to see you guys over the summer (: