Friday, December 7, 2007

O Christmas Tree, Part 2

During our sick weekend we managed to get our Christmas tree decorated. We were lacking energy and less enthusiastic than I had hoped but we had a good time anyway. In the past I have been a bit of a Christmas tree nazi. I am quite particular about which decorations should be used and where they should go. After I confused Tyson by telling him we had to come up a with a plan before starting (is that just me), I decided I needed to practice giving up control of the tree. I have always been afraid that when we had kids I would not let them help decorate or that we would have to get a separate tree just for me...ha:) So, after I had put on a few decorations I stepped back and just "prepared" ornaments for Tyson to put on. I decided I will have no problem letting our kids decorate later in life...I can't wait to see what they come up with. We had a fun time, sang some Christmas songs and Kai even helped put ornaments on. He loves the tree and is often headed off to try to play with those lights...so tempting for a little one. He is learning that is it only for looking but he still tries at least once an hour:) Here is a picture of our tree.

No comments: