Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Bowl of Cherries!

Yesterday was one of those "Life is a bowl of Cherries" days....literally. Tyson was out of town and originally Kai and I were going to go with him but at the last minute decided to stay home so Kai didn't have to be in the car all day. That meant that since I had already taken the day off work, I had a day to just be mommy. I know this may not seem like a big deal to some, but for me to not have to think through how to get four hours of work into my day with Kai is a relief. While he was sleeping I got things done around the house when I would normally be in front of the computer working. After his nap we headed over to our friends' to pick cherries. They had a tree full of cherries and Kai and I had a fun time filling up our bowl. Kai LOVED the cherries and although he did help pick some and put them in the bowl, mostly his little hand was in the bowl taking them out. I kept seeing his little cheeks full with juice squirting out. He had quite a few...even some with pits when I wasn't quick enough. I thought it would make for some interesting diapers later but so far so good. It was a fun time and we left with LOTS of cherries and fresh air:) Thanks B&T, it was great to see you!


1 comment:

Melissa said...

Thanks for sharing your pickings...they are super tasty!!