Thursday, August 30, 2007

New Toys, New World

I feel like in the last week Kai has gone from infant to pre-toddler. In this last week he has:
  • Started solids

  • Is sitting up
  • Has two teeth

  • Has new toys that make him seem older

So that last one doesn't really mean anything, except that when I see him in his high chair, in his jumperoo, or just interacting with toys he seems so much older to me. I think the main toy is his jumperoo. It has opened a whole new world up for both of us. Instead of him playing on the floor in the living room, I can bring him into the kitchen while I'm cooking dinner. And he just loves it. He would rather be standing anyway (when we hold him he just wants to stand on our laps instead of sit and snuggle), so it is perfect. And he can be in there with me, or daddy since he made dinner tonight, and he just loves it. Or, I can bring it downstairs while I'm working and he is totally entertained. Anyway, although I love seeing him become more independent, a part of me can't believe how quickly he is growing. I know I've heard everyone tell me that it "goes so quickly" and I have always felt that each month and week and day flys by...but now I feel like he has reached a new stage...pre-toddler...and his infant stage is gone. This weekend he will be five months old. Anyway, I am excited to watch him grow and learn and explore but I am amazed that it is going by so fast. Anyway, enough of that. Here is a video of him in his jumperoo having fun while Tyson is cooking dinner.

Also, here is a picture of Kai enjoying his new mobile that Grandma Julie got him. It is a Seattle Mariners mobile and it plays Take Me Out To The Ballgame, of course!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see Dutch's friend growing so healthy. Two teeth! Isn't it amazing how much change happens right before our eyes? God's grace at work in our little boys.

We love reading the updates and "seeing" Kai grow up.