Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas, Christmastime is here....

I love Christmas time. Love it. I love decorating the tree, Christmas goodies, Christmas music, and mostly, the celebration of the birth of the Messiah. This year I was determined to get a Christmas tree seeing as it would be our last Christmas with a fir tree for a couple years. However, I found that Christmas is creeping up fast and we are leaving next weekend and it was really not worth getting one at this point. So I did get out a few decorations...


I put the ornaments in a vase instead of on a tree....
And I got out my favorite...our nativity set. This was given to us by sweet Joed for our wedding. It is always so special to get out. This year was extra special as I explained it to Kai. Thanks Joed!

I also managed to decorate my blog so I've got that going for me;) Really, it is great not doing much for Christmas. We have scaled back the last few years giving more to charity then anything but this year is more then ever. I have done no gifts so far and although I will make a few things we are doing very little. No stress, giving to those who need, remembering the real reason we celebrate--Jesus, this is how it should always be...but that is a whole other post. Or perhaps I will just direct you to a few friends who are like-minded but write much better: Matt, Melissa, Heidi, Kari, AdventConspiracy.com.


Merry Christmas!!!

No comments: