Sunday, December 7, 2008

Crazy Sweet Boy

Kai is getting older and more independent. He always asks for a fork when I feed him anything (including goldfish today...and yes he speared the goldfish with a fork)...and he insists on doing most anything by himself. He is climbing up on everything...including our bed...which is crazy to me...it is pretty high but he grabs onto the covers and climbs his way up...There are lots of funny things he does and says every day and I need to remember to write them down but in general he keeps us on our toes and laughing a lot.
As crazy and climby as he is lately, he has also become super sweet and cuddly and kissy. Oh, how it melts a mommy's heart. A couple weeks ago he figured out how to kiss...not the slobber open mouth kisses that leave your cheek soaking wet, but pucker up and make a smacking noise kisses. They are much more pleasant and I get them way more often...which I love, of course. He will just wrap his little arms around my neck and put his forehead to mine and look at me and smile and then quickly kiss me and laugh. Or he will take my face in his hands and kiss one cheek and then move my head to the other side and kiss the other cheek and repeat over and over. I love it. I know it won't last for long and I love it. He has also been very good about letting me rock him before bedtime...he used to never sit still long enough to be rocked but now I can do it forever! And tonight when we walked into his room at bedtime he pointed to the rocking chair and said "rock?"...he asked to be rocked. I am just treasuring his kisses and cuddles while I can..he is growing too fast!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Oh my goodness, he is the cutest!

Stacey J said...

What a doll! I am so glad you are treasuring all these moments. They grow so fast. Maddy, my 1st baby, will be 7, YES SEVEN, in March! I don't know why, but 7 seems really mature to me. Sob. Keep treasuring Tracy.. You won't regret it. Take care! Stace

Shannon said...

We're actually sticking around this year, won't being to the trip with the new baby- bummer. I can't believe all the changes you guys have coming up- we're definitely praying for you! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Levi and Stephanie Teasley said...

Tracy...what a precious babe you two have! There is nothing like those sweet little kisses and tiny hands on your face! It'd be nice if we could freeze some of those moments in time! We are so excited for all that's ahead for you guys! We're looking forward to connecting soon! Love you three!